Autumn is the perfect time to brighten up your windows with some beautiful suncatchers. This Autumn leaf suncatcher craft is so easy to make with our free leaf templates. All you need to do is print the template out and grab some simple supplies to make these beautiful suncatchers!
What You Will Need
· Coloured Tissue Paper
· Clear contact paper or self-adhesive laminating sheets
· Glue Stick
· Black Construction Paper
1. First, print the autumn leaf templates on white card and cut them out. For thicker lines, you can trace the templates onto black construction paper and then cut these out. You will need 2 identical leaf outlines for each suncatcher. Then place one leaf outline onto the sticky side of a piece of contact paper or self-adhesive laminating paper.
2. Cut up the coloured tissue paper into small squares. Layer the tissue paper squares onto the contact paper or laminating paper. Don’t worry if you go outside of the outline, this will get trimmed off later!
3. Using a glue stick, glue the second leaf outline on top of the tissue paper.
4. Place another piece of clear contact paper or laminating paper on top and press down to smooth out any bubbles. Trim the excess contact paper or laminating paper with scissors.
5. Stick your suncatchers onto a window with double-sided tape and enjoy the beautiful fall colours as the sun shines through the tissue paper!
This craft is so simple, and the kids are definitely going to enjoy making these and putting them on display!